Station Road Surgery

01276 62622

Complaints and compliments

This Practice is committed to providing high quality health care and services to patients. If you wish to comment or compliment please write to the Practice Manager. As part of the NHS, we operate a Practice Complaints Procedure which meets national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days, or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
  • within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager or any of the doctors. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with the Practice Manager to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be of great help if you are as specific as possible.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have looked into it within 10 working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or you may be invited to a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:

  • find out what happened and what went wrong;
  • make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
  • make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
  • identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we strictly adhere to medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.

Where you can get assistance

If you would like independent advice or support about your complaint, the following organisations may be able to help:-

  • Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) 01256 463758
  • Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) Tel: 01276 61551 or
  • Action against Medical Accidents (AVMA) Tel: 0845 1232352 or
  • Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Tel: 01483 846212
  • NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT, Tel: 0300 311 22 33, Email: [email protected]
  • Surrey County Council for social care enquiries Tel: 0345 009009.

What to do next if you are still unhappy

If you are not satisfied with the way we have dealt with your complaint, you can make a request for an independent review by contacting the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP, tel. enquiries 0345 015 4033. Website:

Please remember all complaints are treated in the strictest confidence. Making a complaint will not affect your treatment or care.